Gary grew up on a farm and has been involved in real estate most of his life. During the 1950's and early 1960's, Gary worked with his dad on various construction projects in northern New York. In 1956, Gary worked on a restoration project for the State of New York Historical Society. This sparked his interest in antique homes and, after a stint in the Air Force, Gary moved to Connecticut in 1962. He worked at Pratt & Whitney Aircraft in research and development (R&D). In 1964, Gary married his wife, Frietha.
In 1968, Gary took the licensing exam for real estate. Over the next several years, Gary bought, rehabbed and sold several properties. In 1973, Gary, his wife and 3 daughters, moved to a farm in Ashford. The family raised 60,000 chickens per year as well as beef, pigs, eggs, vegetables for their own use. They also had horses for enjoyment. Today, Gary continues raising animals and loves to play in the dirt with his big toys.
In 1975, Gary became very active in real estate sales and listings at his present location in Mansfield, located at 126 Storrs Road. In 1981, Gary purchased the business and building at 126 Storrs Road. During Gary's time in real estate, Gary served for 5 years on the Connecticut Realtors Board of Directors and 11 years in various positions on the Local Board of Realtors. Gary was awarded Realtor of the Year for 1980 and 1988 and served for 4 years on the Board at the Children's Home of Cromwell. Gary also served for 12 years as a member of the Ashford Planning and Zoning Commission. Gary is presently serving on the Ashford Economic Development Commission and is the treasure of the American Legion Post 203.
More helpful information about and his current and previous memberships
Ashford EDC (Economic Development Council)
Ashford Business Association
American Legion Post 203
Ashford Planning and Zoning (12 years)
Connecticut Association of Realtors Board of Directors (5 years)